Koole Terminals is the European market leader in tank storage, present at key locations in 7 different countries with a total of 20 terminals. The Koole Group is determined to driving its integrated and innovative service offerings for storage, processing, logistics, and energy transition forward, with a clear vision for the road ahead. Together with our people and world-class customers, we are continuously seeking safer and more reliable and sustainable solutions. We do this by developing multi-modal solutions in the supply chain for our customers for green vital products that facilitate the energy transition, such as hydrogen, ammonia, CO2, Bio-products and sustainable feedstock.
The Koole Group is rapidly growing (organically and via acquisitions). To strengthen the Legal Team Koole is looking for a Legal Counsel who will act as a legal sparring partner for the business to add value and improve our operations. The Legal Counsel is a member of the Legal Team that will ultimately exist of 5 people (it currently exist of 3 people).
The Legal Counsel will be responsible for effective and timely legal support on a broad range of legal related issues related to the business activities of the international Koole Group.
You will work closely with the management teams of the different terminals and the staff departments to ensure that the organisation operates in accordance with laws & regulations and within an acceptable level of risk.
The Legal Counsel reports to the General Counsel/Company Secretary of the Koole Group.
- Work closely with the departments to analyse business and legal risks. Provide research, factual information, counsel, and guidance on a broad range of legal topics to mitigate these risks.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating documentation for Sales and Procurement (mainly related to sustaining and growth capex projects) to meet legal and business needs.
- Provide support in Business Development activities (incl. the drafting, reviewing and negotiation of NDAs and MoUs/LoIs).
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating lease agreements / concessions.
- Coordinate customer, supplier and environmental claims and disputes.
- Prepare memoranda and legal documents and examine (international) documents for legal sufficiency.
- Reviewing complex documents relating to (international) (M&A) transactions in which the company is to participate.
- At least 6 years relevant work experience; in a renowned law firm in the corporate / commercial practice or as Legal Counsel in a related industry.
- Master degree in Dutch Law; The ability to draft and negotiate a range of commercial and supplier (for services and materials) contracts and the confidence to work autonomously are essential. Experience with environmental law is not a must but is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, drafting and communication skills.
- Ability to balance expectations and commercial demands against any legal and regulatory risks.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to continuously learn and improve.
- Self-starter, pro-active and business minded.
- Resilience and ability to work under pressure and a fast paced international environment.
- Flexibility to work in a changing environment.
- Must be able to prioritise tasks.
- IT Skills – Standard Microsoft office packages.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills. French language skills will form a plus.
The role will be based in Rotterdam (Botlek area, The Netherlands), with occasional travel to one of our national and international locations.
Please apply using the application form on our website.
An Assessment will be part of the solicitation process.