Junior Legal Counsel
Koole Terminals is in the European market leader for the tank storage, operating at key locations in 7 different countries with a total of 21 terminals. The Koole Group is determined to driving its integrated and innovative service offerings for storage, processing, logistics and energy transition forward, with a clear vision for the road ahead. Together with our people and world-class customers, we are continuously exploring safer and more reliable and sustainable solutions. We achieve this by developing multi-modal solutions in the supply chain for our customers for green vital products that facilitate the energy transition, such as hydrogen, ammonia, CO2, Bio-products and sustainable feedstock.
The Koole Group is experiencing rapid growth, both organically and through acquisitions. To strengthen our Legal Team, we are seeking a Jr. Legal Counsel who will provide essential Legal support to various business units and support departments. As a member of the Legal Team, you will collaborate closely with other team members to ensure legal compliance, mitigate risks and support the growth of the Koole Group. The Jr. Legal Counsel will report to the General Counsel/Company Secretary of the Koole Group.
- Drafting and review: Support the Legal Team in drafting, reviewing and negotiating legal documentation for various business activities, including procurement, sales and ICT;
- Legislation tracking: Identify, track and analyze new or changes in legislation that impact the company’s business activities and affairs;
- Legal templates: Develop and maintain legal templates, ensuring their regular use within the business;
- Contract management: Keep the contract management system up to date and provide training to the business on its effective use;
- Corporate governance: Maintain and update corporate governance documents, corporate housekeeping and entity management;
- Lease agreements: Monitor the indexation and renewal terms of lease agreements and concessions;
- M&A and Business Development: Provide legal support in M&A and Business Development activities, including the drafting, reviewing and negotiating NDAs and MoUs/LoIs;
- Claims and disputes: Support in the coordination of customer, supplier and environmental claims and disputes;
- Board and committee meetings: Attend Board and Committee meetings, take minutes of such meetings and log/monitor follow-up of action points.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience, either in a renowned law firm in the corporate / commercial practice or as a Jr. Legal Counsel;
- Master degree in Dutch Law;
- Strong analytical, drafting and communication skills;
- Enthusiasm and willingness to continuously learn and improve;
- Self-starter, pro-active and business minded;
- Resilience and ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced international environment;
- Flexibility to adapt to a changing environment;
- Must be able to work in a structured manner and prioritise tasks;
- Affinity with digitalisation and motivation to digitalise legal processes;
- Proficiency in standard Microsoft Office packages;
- Excellent Dutch and English written and oral communication skills.
The role will be based in Rotterdam, with occasional travel to one of our national and international locations.
If you are a highly motivated legal professional looking to contribute to a dynamic and growing organization in the energy and logistics sector, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Please apply using the application form on our website. An Assessment will be part of the solicitation process.