Koole Terminals is the European market leader in tank storage, present at key locations in 7 different countries with a total of 20 terminals. The Koole Group is determined to driving its integrated and innovative service offerings for storage, processing, logistics, and energy transition forward, with a clear vision for the road ahead. Together with our people and world-class customers, we are continuously seeking safer and more reliable and sustainable solutions. We do this by developing multi-modal solutions in the supply chain for our customers for green vital products that facilitate the energy transition, such as hydrogen, ammonia, CO2, Bio-products and sustainable feedstock.
Koole is looking for an experienced Internal Auditor to join the Internal Audit Function. We are looking for a colleague who is driven and motivated to support establishing the internal audit function within Koole.
The internal auditor will report to the Head of Internal Audit & Assurance.
- Work closely together with the Head of Internal Audit & Assurance to fulfil the mission of the Internal Audit Function.
- Execute a variety of operational, compliance, financial, IT audits, including but not limited to Operations, Projects, IT, financial processes and systems (including giving assurance on the defined (key) Internal Controls).
- Lead auditor for the internal audit assignments, with support from van internal/external employees.
- In the execution of the audit: contribute to determine the internal audit scope, objective, controls and audit activities per audit, and document, process and prepare audit observations memorandum.
- Perform data analysis techniques to assist the Internal Audit function performing audit assignment and by translating data in to recommendations for other functions to improve monitoring of risks and effectiveness of controls.
- Determine, document an present the root cause of audit issues and assist the organization by reviewing the action plans documented by the auditee to ensure they fully address the root cause(s)
- Know and keep up to date about relevant developments, such as updated business and regulatory requirements in and outside the company. In addition, best practices (COSO/ISO/NIST frameworks), tools, techniques and performance standards.
- Frequently follow-up on previous reported audit issues.
- Support the Head of Internal Audit & Assurance in the execution of the coordinating and supporting function for the Strategic/operational risks assessments.
Education, skills and competencies:
- At least 5 years relevant experience; ideally from a comparable role in a related industry.
- Maintains a high standard for recording audit work in accordance with the internal and external requirements, e.g. International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) from the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
- A Master degree, additionally a recognized professional qualification (RO/RC/RE). Preferably in combination with relevant other certifications such as CIA, CISA, CPA, ACCA.
- Data driven, with advanced computer skills on MS Office 365, data analysis and visualisation software.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and achieve consensus on root causes to reduce risk or improve operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and high attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
Please apply using the application form on our website.
An Assessment will be part of the solicitation process. Candidates should be willing to travel to domestic and international sites (limited), up to 10% of the time.